It just under a week since Exit Generation #1 hit comic stores, & in that time we’ve been lucky enough to have some really lovely people give the book some really lovely mentions!
Before I list the sites, blogs, podcasts & others who were kind enough to review or talk about the comic, I wanted to thank not just everyone who did that, but also anyone who went out & picked up a copy at their local shop, or grabbed it online – you are literally the best!
- Jeff Marsick on Newsarama gave Exit Generation #1 a whopping 8/10, saying it is “a fun book and a great read by a terrific writer and artist combination” – Thanks so much! Read it all HERE.
- Stephen on Comicbuzz said it was “a good issue with a lot of further potential for the ongoing series” – You can read the full review HERE.
- James Blundell for Pipedream Comics awarded the issue 4 out of 5, mentioning“the premise behind the book as well as the beautiful artwork is incentive enough for any reader to give this comic a chance” – I really appreciate that! See the rest of what James said HERE.
- Aaron Golden of Living Myth Magazine hailed Exit Generation as having “one of the best concepts for a comic, ever” – Wow! Stunned by the compliment! See this among the rest of Aaron’s weekly recommendations HERE.
- Iñigo Sáenz on Comic Book Invest marked this issue as “absolutely recommended”, & you can find those kind words alongside the rest of CBI’s choices HERE.
- Brett Schenker of Graphic Policy said Exit Generation sets-up “a fascinating concept that could turn into a hell of an exploration and idea” & gives it a solid 7/10; see the rest Brett’s review HERE.
- On Spartantown, Enrique Rea says the series “is off to a great start with intriguing characters, an explosive cliffhanger, and fantastic storytelling potential” – thanks! See the full article HERE.
- Alex J for The Beat named Exit Generation #1 as one of four underdog books to back last week; really grateful for the mention! Check it out alongside the other three HERE.
- I sat down for a nice email chat with Inter Comics Podcast, which you can read HERE.
- Need To Consume recapped their coverage of the self-published version of Exit Generation to coincide with the direct market release HERE.
- Danny Rivera for Comicsverse described the first issue as “a masterful début and a title to which we should all be paying very, very close attention” – Humbling! See the full article HERE.
- For Mightyville, Joe Katch said Exit Generation “a fresh concept with an interesting Sci-Fi take” & gave #1 both a full review (HERE) & mentioned it in their ‘Number One Bullets’ review column (HERE).
- Ain’t It Cool News called the issue “one of the best new comics of the year” – Completely blown away by that! See the entire review HERE.
- Ceej for Big Comic Page says Exit Generation is “a raucous, frenetic dose of sci-fi insanity with some genuine emotion at its core” & gave it 4/5; you can see his thoughts HERE.
- On Nerdly, Dean Fuller called it “a comic with a good premise, a well developed back story, and a group of characters that will develop as the plot progresses” – Thanks! See the rest of the review HERE.
- Paul Mirek of Broken Frontier observed “a kinetic energy to this first issue that should be familiar to anyone who’s ever turned their headphones up loud to escape from reality, mundane or otherwise”, & reviewed the issue HERE, while recommending it as a pick-of-the-week HERE.
- Pop Culture Uncovered‘s John Amenta awarded the issue “5 Expendables DVDs of 5” & said Exit Generation #1 “is the best kind of first issue a reader could hope for” – Awesome! See the full article HERE.
- Brad Gischia over on Bag & Bored said this series is “one that you should be keeping your eye on” – See the rest of the review HERE.
- Josh On Comics called Exit Generation #1 “a charming little read, from start to finish, with superb, expressive artwork to boot” – Thanks, Josh! You can read the full review HERE.
- You can see Nerdover talk about Exit Generation on their show this week HERE.
- The team at House To Astonish gave a really positive review of the book on their show this week; give it a listen HERE.
- On Meltdown Comics‘ Meltcast, Exit Generation #1 was a pick of the week; thanks so much, guys! Hear their thoughts HERE.
- The folks on the Awesome Comics Podcast also enjoyed the book; give a listen to this weeks show HERE.
Wow! That’s a LOT of mentions! Both the team & myself are really grateful for all the attention people have given the book, & I hope that if you’ve not yet picked it up, some of the nice things said about it from the people above might persuade you!
So, pop on down to your local comic store, or dive into Comixology (HERE, if you’re looking) & take a peek!
Till next time; take care!